Keeping up with technological change in our current time is becoming critical for businesses. Technology and Digital Media’s rapid change has placed businesses in the ‘Digital Age’ whether we realise this or are still accepting it. We know that traditional business models are now antiqued.
Everything starts with online whether we look for a new home, plan our next local or international adventure, connect with our family and friends via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. Businesses use LinkedIn to gain industry acknowledgment via thought leadership and LinkedIn’s growth clearly demonstrates the power of people’s opinions on relevant information searching within their community or profession.
Brands like Google, Facebook, YouTube, eBay, Apple & Yahoo are now owning the Brand Engagement space and are driving our need for online interactions.
What we know about Digital Marketing?
1. It’s cost effective, affordable and enables mass reach at a lower investment than traditional media channels.
2. It’s efficient and accurate. One quickly learns the power of data and online metrics, its transparency adds greater value for businesses and brands to quickly respond to their users request.
- 30 billion viewed pages
- 40 billion minutes spent
- 36 hours spent online, across 62 sessions per person
- 18,271,000 people were actively surfing online –source Nielson Online ratings April 2015
3. Growth and Innovation. Speed and digital sophistication is driving the digitation of businesses. Today’s consumer in general is more digitally savvy.
4. Scalability: Social platforms are driving the world, it is easier for business to tap into their consumer crowd at an instantaneous rate.
5. Digital enhances traditional media channels.
Your consumers are already talking about your brand or service online so if your choice is not to take part in the conversation and own it, your competitors will seek the opportunity to influence this space.
Building customer centric digital solutions and embracing digital is imperative to your business success……or be left behind to deal with the disruption.